Climate Partners are Norway’s largest Private-Public Partnership network focusing on how regions can reduce Green House Gas (GHG) emissions and develop a green economy. We are growing fast and now cover large parts of Norway! We are a major green force to be counted on in Norway.
Our vision is to ensure all regions ensures to pull their share in limiting global warming to 1,5 degrees.
We amongst others challenge all our partners to become fossil free within 2030.
That means phasing out all fossil vehicles and fossil energy use in own buildings.
CLIMATE PARTNERS WORK TOGETHER ON:
- The development of products and services for tomorrow’s low carbon society.
- Inspiration, methods and tools for cutting GHG emissions in own businesses.
- Influencing policies and conditions for sustainable innovation.
- Promotion of the organizations best practice and the regions work for a green shift both locally, nationally and internationally.
OUR PARTNERS’ ARE OBLIGED TO:
- Ensure top level management engagment and participation
- Hold an environmental certification (Eco-lighthouse, ISO or similar recognized standards), or have a plan to start the certification process.
- Prepare annual climate footprint reports following the international Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
- Prepare an action plan to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases in their own organization.
- Pay an annual membership fee.
PRODUCING AND SHARING KNOWLEDGE:
Increased knowledge provides a better basis for strategic choices towards a low-emission society. Climate Partners shares knowledge in relevant disciplines, in collaboration with national and international experts in the field. Climate Partners share their knowledge both through meetings and through making publications freely available at www.klimapartnere.no.
COMMUNICATION AND DIALOGUE:
Communicating own climate commitment with credibility and inspiration is important for Climate Partners. Cooperation on increased knowledge in climate management as well as climate-and environmental communication is therefore a priority for the network. Climate Partners uses their international network to create meeting venues and dialogue with prominent inspirational and key decision makers.
Climate Partners show remarkable and tangible results.
Partners in Agder that have prepared Climate Footprint since the start in 2009, have reduced GHG emissions with more than 50%. Climate Partners Vestland have also demonstrated impressive results particularly with regards to the reduction of direct emissions. Most partners in Vestland have set goals of becoming fossil free within 2030 and many are well on their way. Preliminary results from the other regions are also promising.
Numerous new green products and services have been developed amongst our partners including a concept for certified green conferences, green digitalization, charging infrastructure and software, hydrogen solutions, zero-emission ferries and ships, green datamining, new low-emission buildings, green investment funds, climate leadership and increased focus on green purchasing, in particular from the public partners to develop a green regional market.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE FEEL FREE GET IN TOUCH